Izraelsko-palestinský konflikt

Moderátoři: Rada resortních týmů - členové, Resortni tym EZO

Pravidla fóra
Vítejte ve fóru resortního týmu Evropská unie, zahraničí, obrana. Kalendář akcí a další informace najdete na internetové stránce týmu.
Odpovědět
davkol
Návštěvník – nepatří k Pirátům
Dostal poděkování: 544 poděkování

Re: Izraelsko-palestinský konflikt

Příspěvek od davkol »

The Israeli Army Has Dropped the Restraint in Gaza, and the Data Shows Unprecedented Killing (archive.is)

The IDF chief of staff recently boasted of the army's precise munitions and its ability to reduce harm to noncombatants. But the data shows that in the war on Hamas that principle has been abandoned.

haaretz-casualties.png

The aerial offensive in the war began immediately after the October 7 massacre. The ground assault was launched on October 27, and from that stage, air strikes were conducted to support the troops. For my analysis of the numbers pertaining to the period prior to the launch of the ground offensive, I will use data supplied by the Gaza Ministry of Health for the period of October 7-26. The ministry is under Hamas control, so its reliability is suspect. At the same time, in response to U.S. President Joe Biden's assertion that he did not trust that ministry's reports about the number of those killed, on October 27 the ministry took the unusual step of presenting a detailed list of the names of those killed, along with their age, gender and ID numbers. That report has not been refuted to date.

Furthermore, in the past, various international bodies commented favorably on the Hamas ministry's level of accuracy, and even Dr. Michael Milshtein, formerly the head of the department of Palestinian affairs in Israeli Military Intelligence, noted, in connection with another report, that "Hamas is an organization of numbers and accuracy." This data may be revised in the future, following investigations by other organizations, but the initial information is sufficient to indicate the basic picture of the situation, from which we can draw practical conclusions.

According to the data, 6,747 people were killed during the October 7-26 period in Gaza, to which we can add dozens more who had not been identified at the time the numbers were tallied up. As usual, the Health Ministry did not distinguish between combatants and civilians. Accordingly, for the purpose of the analysis I will factor in the weight of three groups that can be categorized as "noncombatants": minors aged 17 and under, men of 60 and above, and women. Some will claim that Hamas recruits minors, but it's reasonable to think that the number of minors killed (based also on past data) is offset by adults aged 18-59 who were are not involved in the fighting but whom I did not include in this category.

This calculation shows that out of the total of 6,747, at least 4,594 individuals of both sexes who can be categorized as noncombatants were killed – 68 percent of the total. For the sake of caution, let us assume, as Prof. Kobi Michael from the Institute for National Security Studies argues, that errant rockets count for about 10 percent of the total rockets fired by the Gazan forces, and could do injury to their civilians, as was with the case in the strike on the Al-Ahli Hospital. If we reduce accordingly the number of noncombatants killed by Israel, the proportion decreases to 61 percent of the total, which is still far higher than the proportion of 33-42 percent for the aerial attacks in the past.

From an international comparative perspective, too, this is a high figure, considering that in wars fought during the 20th century, up until the 1990s, about half of those killed were civilians – and this includes wars in which the most important component was ground combat, not relatively precise strikes from the air. In light of such a high proportion of noncombatants among those killed in Swords of Iron, we may suspect that the principle of discrimination was not upheld or perhaps that the principle of proportionality was subject to a highly flexible interpretation. Thus, rather than this being a case of "collateral damage," it was the reverse: Because most of those harmed are civilians, what was produced is "collateral benefit," in the form of a low number of Gazan combatants killed.

The first explanation is that the intensiveness of the attacks came at the expense of the precise planning in which the chief of staff takes pride. Other explanations, less naïve, were put forward in an inquiry conducted by Yuval Avraham for +972 Magazine, published on November 30, based on accounts of knowledgeable individuals within the military. That investigation shows that the army lowered the level of (already limited) caution that characterized it in the past. For example, it attacked such "power targets" as residential towers or public buildings, at the price of inflicting large-scale casualties on the civilians within. The same holds for the increase in strikes at private residences, intended to assassinate a single resident suspected of being a terrorist. Likewise, Avraham maintains, the army greatly increased the rate of collateral damage permitted; according to the IDF Spokesperson, speaking on October 10, "the emphasis is on damage and not on accuracy." Thus, the rules of proportionality were interpreted more flexibly, so that the bar of caution against harming innocent persons was lowered. The use of artificial intelligence to generate targets at a rapid pace reduced even further the level of caution that in the past characterized human judiciousness.

However, the broad conclusion is that extensive killing of civilians not only contributes nothing to Israel's security, but that it also contains the foundations for further undermining it. The Gazans who will emerge from the ruins of their homes and the loss of their families will seek revenge that no security arrangements will be able to withstand. We also need to remember that since the start of the ground offensive, the total number of Gazan civilians killed has approximately doubled. But in the absence of any attentiveness by the political leadership to the voice of the future, it's hard to expect that the course of the war will be adjusted to address that concern.

The more practical conclusion is that if the army does in fact wish to reduce deaths among Gazan civilians, especially in light of international pressure, in particular that of the Americans, it must already at this stage draw trenchant conclusions about its air-strike policy. This should be done before the army embarks on any deeper inquest into the circumstances of the killing of civilians – an inquest it will need to conduct given the likelihood that an international investigation will be launched, such as those initiated by the United Nations following Operation Cast Lead (Dec. 2008-Jan. 2009) and Operation Protective Edge (July-August 2014).

And it's also possible that the pilots – those who opposed the government's attempted judicial coup for fear that the overhaul of the legal regime would give rise to an unlawful combat policy that could make them vulnerable to risk of international prosecution – need to exercise their own judgment over the nature of the orders they receive, considering the conclusions that are presented here.

Yagil Levy
December 9, 2023
Haaretz

‘A mass assassination factory’: Inside Israel’s calculated bombing of Gaza

Permissive airstrikes on non-military targets and the use of an artificial intelligence system have enabled the Israeli army to carry out its deadliest war on Gaza, a +972 and Local Call investigation reveals.

The bombing of power targets, according to intelligence sources who had first-hand experience with its application in Gaza in the past, is mainly intended to harm Palestinian civil society: to “create a shock” that, among other things, will reverberate powerfully and “lead civilians to put pressure on Hamas,” as one source put it.

Several of the sources, who spoke to +972 and Local Call on the condition of anonymity, confirmed that the Israeli army has files on the vast majority of potential targets in Gaza — including homes — which stipulate the number of civilians who are likely to be killed in an attack on a particular target. This number is calculated and known in advance to the army’s intelligence units, who also know shortly before carrying out an attack roughly how many civilians are certain to be killed.

According to the investigation, another reason for the large number of targets, and the extensive harm to civilian life in Gaza, is the widespread use of a system called “Habsora” (“The Gospel”), which is largely built on artificial intelligence and can “generate” targets almost automatically at a rate that far exceeds what was previously possible. This AI system, as described by a former intelligence officer, essentially facilitates a “mass assassination factory.”

According to the sources, the increasing use of AI-based systems like Habsora allows the army to carry out strikes on residential homes where a single Hamas member lives on a massive scale, even those who are junior Hamas operatives. Yet testimonies of Palestinians in Gaza suggest that since October 7, the army has also attacked many private residences where there was no known or apparent member of Hamas or any other militant group residing. Such strikes, sources confirmed to +972 and Local Call, can knowingly kill entire families in the process.

In the majority of cases, the sources added, military activity is not conducted from these targeted homes. “I remember thinking that it was like if [Palestinian militants] would bomb all the private residences of our families when [Israeli soldiers] go back to sleep at home on the weekend,” one source, who was critical of this practice, recalled.

“We are asked to look for high-rise buildings with half a floor that can be attributed to Hamas,” said one source who took part in previous Israeli offensives in Gaza. “Sometimes it is a militant group’s spokesperson’s office, or a point where operatives meet. I understood that the floor is an excuse that allows the army to cause a lot of destruction in Gaza. That is what they told us.

“If they would tell the whole world that the [Islamic Jihad] offices on the 10th floor are not important as a target, but that its existence is a justification to bring down the entire high-rise with the aim of pressuring civilian families who live in it in order to put pressure on terrorist organizations, this would itself be seen as terrorism. So they do not say it,” the source added.

Although it is unprecedented for the Israeli army to attack more than 1,000 power targets in five days, the idea of causing mass devastation to civilian areas for strategic purposes was formulated in previous military operations in Gaza, honed by the so-called “Dahiya Doctrine” from the Second Lebanon War of 2006.

According to the doctrine — developed by former IDF Chief of Staff Gadi Eizenkot, who is now a Knesset member and part of the current war cabinet — in a war against guerrilla groups such as Hamas or Hezbollah, Israel must use disproportionate and overwhelming force while targeting civilian and government infrastructure in order to establish deterrence and force the civilian population to pressure the groups to end their attacks. The concept of “power targets” seems to have emanated from this same logic.

Such attacks very often result in the killing of entire families, as experienced in previous offensives; according to an investigation by AP conducted after the 2014 war, about 89 percent of those killed in the aerial bombings of family homes were unarmed residents, and most of them were children and women.

Tishler, the air force chief of staff, confirmed a shift in policy, telling reporters that the army’s “roof knocking” policy — whereby it would fire a small initial strike on the roof of a building to warn residents that it is about to be struck — is no longer in use “where there is an enemy.” Roof knocking, Tishler said, is “a term that is relevant to rounds [of fighting] and not to war.”

Yuval Abraham
November 30, 2023
+972 Magazine & Local Call

Petr.Kubik
Dal poděkování: 167 poděkování
Dostal poděkování: 359 poděkování

Příspěvek od Petr.Kubik »

Tak když máte tak rádi Novinky, tak prosím:

Vychází najevo, jak Netanjahu nechal posílat Hamásu kufry plné dolarů
https://www.novinky.cz/clanek/zahranicn ... u-40453963

Ukázalo se, že izraelský premiér Benjamin Netanjahu nechal dál posílat katarskou hotovost do Pásma Gazy navzdory tomu, že ho před tím varovali ministři jeho vlastní vlády. „Vykrmováním“ Hamásu chtěl totiž oslabit Palestinskou samosprávu, která usiluje o vyhlášení samostatného palestinského státu. Hotovost se do Gazy posílala v kufrech přes území Izraele.

"I am chaos. I am hell. I am on two wheels, and you are on four, and that makes me different, and that makes me an asshole. I am not in a car. I am an enemy."

I Am A Cyclist, And I Am Here To Fuck You Up - Kelly Catchpole, July 27th 2015, link.
pavlinahamplova
Profese: Finanční analytik
Dal poděkování: 281 poděkování
Dostal poděkování: 109 poděkování

Příspěvek od pavlinahamplova »

Petr.Kubik píše: 12 pro 2023, 23:22

Tak když máte tak rádi Novinky, tak prosím:

Vychází najevo, jak Netanjahu nechal posílat Hamásu kufry plné dolarů
https://www.novinky.cz/clanek/zahranicn ... u-40453963

Ukázalo se, že izraelský premiér Benjamin Netanjahu nechal dál posílat katarskou hotovost do Pásma Gazy navzdory tomu, že ho před tím varovali ministři jeho vlastní vlády. „Vykrmováním“ Hamásu chtěl totiž oslabit Palestinskou samosprávu, která usiluje o vyhlášení samostatného palestinského státu. Hotovost se do Gazy posílala v kufrech přes území Izraele.

O tomhle jsem tady psala už dávno, vy novinko. A nejde jenom o prostředky Hamásu, ale i těm různým pomocnikum z řad UNRWY, z nichž někteří s Hamasem spolupracovali. A dle svědků i na hlídání rukojmích. Jj, pomocná ruka tam, kde jsou prachy. Proto dělají " střechaři" a různé "budoucnosti" v divných mikinach takový humbuk. Tato vaše "novinka" je obsažena ve videu, které jsem sem dříve postovala. Prý novinka....Izrael je zlikviduje a udělá si pořádek. Netanjahu bude odvolán.

Občas vážně nevím, jestli svět řídí chytří lidé, kteří si z nás utahují, nebo imbecilové, kteří to myslí vážně.“ — Mark Twain

Petr.Kubik

Novinky s velkým "N", nebo také Novinky.cz, jsou český zpravodajský server, který vlastní Seznam.cz.

Webová adresa je https://www.novinky.cz/

"I am chaos. I am hell. I am on two wheels, and you are on four, and that makes me different, and that makes me an asshole. I am not in a car. I am an enemy."

I Am A Cyclist, And I Am Here To Fuck You Up - Kelly Catchpole, July 27th 2015, link.
vilik
Příznivec Pirátů – Moravskoslezský kraj
Profese: technik, programátor
Dal poděkování: 37 poděkování
Dostal poděkování: 50 poděkování
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od vilik »

Demokracie a liberalismus není o tom že si můžu dělat co chcu, ale především o zodpovědnosti za své jednání.

Iveta.Pospisilova
Místní předsednictvo
Profese: ekonomka
Dal poděkování: 217 poděkování
Dostal poděkování: 32 poděkování
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od Iveta.Pospisilova »

Přesně tak. Vyjádřit soustrast s oběťmi genocidy v Gaze, s mrtvými dětmi a hladovějícím obyvatelstvem, je základní potřeba slušných lidí. To není podpora terorismu. Jestli tohle Piráti nechápou, tak to už nejsou žádní "Piráti".

Iveta
qnx
Dal poděkování: 210 poděkování
Dostal poděkování: 399 poděkování

Příspěvek od qnx »

Iveta.Pospisilova: Většina slušných lidí nemá problém vyjádřit soustrast s oběťmi v jakémkoliv konfliktu a to kdekoliv a dokonce i zároveň na obou stranách konfliktu. Bohužel, vyjádření soustrasti žádný konflikt nevyřeší.

davkol
Dostal poděkování: 544 poděkování

Příspěvek od davkol »

The Neglected History of the State of Israel. The Revisionist faction of Zionism that ended up triumphing adhered to literal fascist doctrines and traditions.

One of Chotiner’s best interviews ran this past November. A leader of the militant West Bank settlement movement told him that Jews have a sacred duty to occupy all the land between “the Euphrates in the east and the Nile in the southwest,” that nothing west of the Jordan River was ever “Arab place or property,” and that no Arabs, even citizens, should have civil rights in Israel. Stunning stuff, and extremely valuable to have on the record, especially given the settler movement’s close ties to Benjamin Netanyahu’s government.

I praise Chotiner, however, as a bridge to a separate point: Even the most learned and thoughtful observers of Israel and Palestine miss a basic historical foundation of the crisis.

[…] I’ve been reading an outstanding 2005 study, The Jewish Radical Right: Revisionist Zionism and Its Ideological Legacy, by historian Eran Kaplan. You should too. One of the things you’ll learn: That settler is repeating almost word for word the doctrines of one of Zionism’s original political traditions—the faction that ended up winning, and whose foundations were literally fascist.

I use the word “fascist” in the literal sense. Do not flinch from it. The founders of Revisionist Zionism certainly didn’t. Respect them enough to take them at their word.

In 1928, a prominent Revisionist named Abba Ahimeir published a series of articles entitled “From the Diary of a Fascist.” They refer to the founder of their movement, Ze’ev Jabotinsky (his adopted first name is Hebrew for “wolf”), as “il duce.” In 1935, his comrade Hen Merhavia wrote that Revisionists were doing what Mussolini did: “establish a nucleus of an exemplary life of morality and purity. Like us, the Italian fascists look back to their historical heritage. We seek to return to the kingdom of the House of David; they want to return to the glory of the Roman Empire.” They even opened a maritime academy in Italy, under Mussolini’s sponsorship, for the navy they hoped to build in their new Israeli state. “[T]he views and the political and social inclinations of the Revisionists,” an Italian magazine reported, “are absolutely in accordance with the fascist doctrine … as our students they will bring the Italian and fascist culture to Palestine.”

Like all fascists, Revisionists believed the most exemplary lives were lived in violence, in pursuit of return to a racially pure arcadia. Their rivals, the Labor Zionists, who beat out the Revisionists in the political battle to establish the Jewish state in their own image, hardly shrank from violence, of course. But they saw it as a necessary evil—and defensive. Revisionists believed in violence, offensive violence, as a positive good. “Now it is not enough to learn how to shoot,” Jabotinsky’s successor as Revisionist leader put it in 1945, five years after Jabotinsky’s death. “In the name of historical justice, in the name of life’s instinct, in the name of truth—we must shoot.”

And like all fascisms, it expressed an overwhelming ethnic chauvinism. One of the kookiest things I learned from Kaplan’s book was that Jabotinsky believed “the Semitic sounds of Arabic were but a series of noises without distinction or character,” with which Hebrew had little in common. Hebrew was actually a Mediterranean language, Jabotinsky believed. Recovering the non-guttural sound of real Hebrew “would evoke in the nation’s youth the true national characteristics that had all but disappeared in the Diaspora.”

Only if you were more sophisticated in such matters would you know that in 1977, the very same young Revisionist who praised killing “in the name of life’s instinct, in the name of truth” became Israel’s prime minister. As a commander in Israel’s War of Independence, Menachem Begin wrote a telegram to his forces who had just massacred over a hundred Arabs before razing their village: “Continue thus until victory. As in Deir Yassin, so everywhere, we will attack and smite the enemy. God, God, thou has chosen us for conquest.” In 1946, an underground militia Begin led set a bomb in Jerusalem’s King David Hotel, in an attempt to chase the British out of the country, that murdered 91 civilians.

You may know how the story of Revisionism and Israel now plays out. Jabotinsky had a close associate named Benzion, who begat a son, Benjamin Netanyahu, who as prime minister, Kaplan notes, is if anything closer to Jabotinsky’s original Revisionist vision. Begin focused mostly on Revisionism’s vision of territorial conquest. “To Begin,” Kaplan writes, “the Jews were in a constant battle against Amalek.”

If you’ve been following the news from Gaza, you’ll understand the reference.

But Netanyahu added back something Begin had neglected: Zionism as a totalizing reactionary cultural project. For instance, his supporters launched a magazine, Azure, whose editor pressed the idea that Zionism went astray when it embraced “the universalist heritage of the Enlightenment.”

I also have come to understand why that kind of utterance never quite made sense to me: They certainly weren’t values I learned in my natal home, looking up at celebratory F-15s. In the course of Zionism’s longer history, it makes even less sense. Say it plain: That is one set of Jewish values. Another celebrates razing Arab villages, just like another set of American values than my own celebrates razing Black ones. In both cases, it is up to people with a stake in those nations to give their all to determine that the humane set of values prevails.

Rick Perlstein
February 21, 2024
The American Prospect

Petr.Kubik

"40 dětí" je hoax, vyvrácený seznamem obětí.
Izrael o událostech 7.10. lhal a tyto lži pak opakovali světoví politici...

Hodinový dokument Al-Jazeera Investigations popisující události 7.10.

In October 7, the I-Unit reveals widespread human rights abuses by Hamas fighters and others, including the killing of 782 Israelis and foreign nationals.

But the investigation also found that many of the worst stories that came out in the days following the attack were false.

Claims that 40 babies had died, many beheaded, were untrue. Analysis of the list of the dead reveals just two babies died – one hit by a bullet fired through a door, the other following an emergency caesarean after the mother was shot. Neither was burned or mutilated.

The I-Unit looks also at events at a house in Kibbutz Be’eri, where the Israel Defence Force claimed 8 babies died.

The list of the dead reveals there were no babies there and that, in fact, the 12 Israelis who died were almost certainly killed by Israeli ground forces.

https://youtu.be/_0atzea-mPY?si=6DlSMJcuZfZbxfwH

Petr.Kubik

Otřesný cílený útok na humanitární organizaci World Central Kitchen, která do Gazy dodává potravinovou pomoc.
V krátkém časovém intervalu byla zasažena 3 označená vozidla a zabito 6 zahraničních pracovníků humanitární organizace a palestinský řidič, útok tak nemohl být náhoda.

World Central Kitchen is devastated to confirm seven members of our team have been killed in an IDF strike in Gaza.

The WCK team was traveling in a deconflicted zone in two armored cars branded with the WCK logo and a soft skin vehicle.

Despite coordinating movements with the IDF, the convoy was hit as it was leaving the Deir al-Balah warehouse, where the team had unloaded more than 100 tons of humanitarian food aid brought to Gaza on the maritime route. (...)

The seven killed are from Australia, Poland, United Kingdom, a dual citizen of the U.S. and Canada, and Palestine.

https://wck.org/news/gaza-team-update

World Central Kitchen pozastavuje svoje aktivity v regionu, loď s pomocí se vrací na Kypr, a to je po útocích na UNRWA přesně cílem Izraele. Zabránit dodávkám pomoci, eskalovat kritický nedostatek potravin a Palestince donutit k odchodu.

Že Izrael něco sám vyšetří je historicky nesmysl.

Odpovědět

Zpět na „Evropská unie, zahraničí, obrana“