Marcel Kolaja, Pirate Member and Quaestor of the European Parliament, is offering a short-
term study visit in Brussels, which can be - upon agreement and based on candidate’s profile
- focused on one or more of the following of tasks:
· assisting with research on policy-related topics;
· writing briefings summarizing complex information in a concise manner;
· participating in various meetings and taking notes;
· assisting with the preparation of documents in support of the Plenary votes;
· assisting with PR communication;
· participating in relevant policy-related events.
· pro-active approach to work;
· team spirit;
· attention to detail;
· proficiency in Czech and English (at least CEFR C1);
· passion for Free and Open Source Software and other open technologies;
· enthusiasm for work in an international team;
· minimum age of 18 years
· not having previously worked as a trainee or accredited parliamentary assistant in the
· not being a party to another employment contract during the study visit;
· EU citizenship or a visa or residence permit.
· 2-6 weeks study visit, with the possibility of extension of another period of 6 weeks;
· one-off remuneration payment of (1300 EUR for 6 weeks) and health insurance;
· full-fledged experience with the potential both for learning and taking own initiative
participation in the process of supporting a responsible and transparent policy-
· work in the best political party with the possibility to participate in a meaningful and
Estimated starting date:
How to apply:
The condition for being included in the selection procedure is to send a structured CV and
short motivation letter explaining what would you like to learn during the study visit and why
we should choose you. The winner’s CV and cover letter may be published.
The applicant will send the necessary documentation by 20 November EOB via e-mail to
email@example.com with the subject “Study visit in Brussels”.
The team has the right to extend the deadline. The first round is done by evaluating the CV,
motivation, and previous experiences.
The second round is realized in the form of practical verification of the required criteria. An
evaluation committee composed of representatives of the MEP and the Human Resources
Department carries out the evaluation.
Third round by personal interview. An applicant who has successfully completed the second
round may be invited to the third round (interview) for other positions listed in the Group.
Position Requirements 30%
Knowledge of pirate program and argumentation 10%
Overall impression 20%
Experience / Education 15%